Next: Modeling Hydraulic and Hydromechanical Networks
- Pump models, including centrifugal, jet, and axial-piston pumps
- Directional valve models, including check valves and common configurations for 2-, 4-, and 6-way valves
- Flow and pressure control valve models, including ball, poppet, and pressure relief valves
- Translational and rotational actuator models, including optional friction and centrifugal forces
- Tank and pipe models with elevation effects for modeling fluid transportation systems
- Customizable library of common hydraulic fluids
- Ability to extend component libraries using the Simscape language
- Support for C-code generation
Modeling a Hydraulic Actuation System
Model a hydraulic actuation system. A double-acting hydraulic cylinder controlled by a four-way directional valve is modeled using SimHydraulics® components.
SimHydraulics is used to optimize system-level performance and to create plant models for control design. The models you create support your entire development process, including hardware-in-the-loop simulations.
Hydraulic circuit schematic of a system that contains a gas-charged accumulator and a double-acting cylinder (bottom left). The colored blocks in the associated SimHydraulics model (top right) correspond to the colored elements in the circuit schematic.